I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 2

Workout:
1.  9-6-3 Couplet
165lbs. Thrusters
Muscle Ups
2.  30 minute rec. soccer practice.
3. 2x5min interval run w/ 2 min rest then 5x1min interval w/ 30s rest for max distance.

Results:
1.  DNF
2.  I think we're ready for the World Cup.
3.  Total Distance:  ~2.4 mi

Notes:
F@*%!  I hate DNFinf.  The problem was simply the muscle ups.  On set one I reached failure at 8, set two at 5, and couldn't get a single one on the last set.  This will just require technique work.  Thrusters were a breeze though.  The running went well, but could have been a bit faster.  Got back to the AECOM campus half way through the 3rd 1min interval and had to hop the fence to get on the track (it's closed due to the sabbath), which slowed me down a bit.  Thanks to my roommate Joe for trudging along with me.  In other news, check out this NYTimes article on Paleo lifestyles in NYC that a friend recently sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment