I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 5

Workout:
25 min Treadmill Tempo Run @ 6% grade

Results:
2.6mi

Notes:
Yesterday fried my system a bit so I took today as more of an active recovery day.

Other News:
Here's my recipe for a great post-workout shake:
1. Handful of Unsalted Walnuts.
2. Handful of frozen Blueberries.
3. A chunk or two of frozen Papaya.
4. Two scoops of Protein Powder.
5. A dash of Organic Cinnamon. 
6. A sprinkle of Organic Flaxseed.
7. A few Raw Cacao Nibs.
8. As much mixed greens as will fit in the rest of the Magic Bullet cup.
9. Topped off with enough low fat milk to let everything blend smooth.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment