I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 147

Workout:
1. 20min AMRAP
5 x Dumbbell Handstand Push Ups
10 x Toes through Rings
15 x Medball Clean (15lbs)

3 hr rest

2. 20min AMRAP
4 x Handstand Push Ups
10 x Deadlift (135#)
10 x Knees to Elbows

Results:
1. 4 rnds + 2 DB HSPU
2. ~11 rnds

Notes:
Not my greatest day of training.  The morning WOD beat me up almost entirely because of the DB HSPU...those are really hard.  I need to make myself a set of paralettes to work with.  On the plus side, I really like toes through rings.  The second WOD was done with a group and we all shared equipment so there was a lot of down time.  It was a nice relaxing WOD (if there is such a thing), but it didn't push me very hard.  I feel an epic WOD coming up tomorrow.

Other News:
 "Dumbbells" as a word originated in Tudor England – athletes used church bell clappers, which ranged in weight from a few ounces to many pounds, to develop the upper body and arms. The athletes would remove the clappers from the bells; hence, the name "dumb," as in "silent," and "bell" – dumbbell. When strongmen started to make their own equipment, they kept the name, even though the shape changed.
-Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment