I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 15O

Workout:
1.  "Eva"
5 rnds for time:
8OOm run
3O x 2pood Kettlebell swing
3O x Pull Ups

3 hr rest

2.  Run stairs with 5 gallon bucket of water

Results:
1. 42m4Os
2.  Good

Notes:
Eva went well.  I did it at Crossfit Metropolis which pushed me (plus having real kettlebells and a pullups bar I can kip on is nice].  I did Eva a year ago and had to use an assisted pullup machine and it still took 52 minutes.  The stairs were good.  A 5 gallon bucket of water is only 4O lbs, but it's awkward as hell.  Next time it will be with two buckets.

Other News:
I would have to agree with Clyde on this one:  Legumes are not antinutrients

No comments:

Post a Comment