I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 176

Workout:
1.  4 rnds for time:
7 x Muscle Ups
15 x #225 Deadlift
30 x Lunges

3 hr rest

2.  Easy Run

Results:
1.  DNF!
2. Made up for it.

Notes:  The first WOD capped off a ridiculously bad week of training.  I figured that the week after a Death Race would be a little slow, but this bad.  On the third round I simply could not do any more muscle ups.  I must have failed at least ten.  Eventually, somebody else wanted the bar and I figured that since I had taken 3 times as long as the main site times and I wasn't much past half way done, it just wasn't worth it.  The run was the start of the next week of training, which will be much, much better.  Ran about 2.5 miles at an easy pace and came across some cut down trees.  Of course I had to flip them. Not sure how much they weighed but I have a 450lbs plus DL PR and these things gave me a run for my money.  Then I found a track and ran a 400m in 1:06, which isn't bad for me.  Ran back to the trees and flipped some more.  Than ran the 2.5 miles back.  Felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment