I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 221

Workout:
1. 7 burpees on the minute every minute, then max reps thrusters with 95lbs until you reach 75 reps

3 hr rest

2. Tabata Something Else
Tabata cycle with each of the following exercises, w/o rest in between
-Pullups
-Pushups
-Squats
-Situps

Results:
1.  DNF, then scaled to 5 reps and 5 burpees.
2. PU=5, PU=6, S=11, SU=1O

Notes:
I'd like to see somebody actually finish the first WOD.  I got to about 28 reps after 7 minutes and then it took me the entire minute to finish the seven burpees...still, I hate DNFing.  Second WOD was better but not great.  PullUps were chest to bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment