I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 134

Workout:
1.  6 min AMRAP
6 x Toes to Bar
6 x Burpee

3 hr rest

2.  "Mary"
20 min AMRAP
5 x Handstand Push Ups
10 x Pistols
15 x Pull Ups

Results:
1.  6 rnds + 6 Toes to Bar + 4 Burpees
2. 9 rnds + 5 HSPU + 10 P + 3 PU

Notes:
I liked both of these work outs.  The first one went a bit slow due to the fact that I had to do the T2B hanging from the support structure of the basketball hoop.  The second WOD was perhaps one of my favorites.  I'm a bit beat down from the multiple WODs over the last couple of days so my intensity isn't as high as it could be so I think tomorrow will be a single WOD day.

Other News:
Even though it's not directly mentioned in the article, I blame this on the rise of Crossfit.
Full Service Gyms Feel a Bit Flabby

No comments:

Post a Comment