I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 138

Workout:
1. For time:
50 x 20" box jump
5 x rope climb (12')
50 x 55# KB swings
50 x Sit Ups
50 x 40lbs DB Power Cleans
800m run
50 x GHD Extensions

3hr rest

2.  For time:
Run 28 flights of stairs and back.
then...
For time:
Run 28 flights of stairs and back w a 75 lbs duffel bag of rocks

3 hr rest

3.  7x1 Shoulder Press
then
"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
Situps

Results:
1. 17m19s
2. w/o bag 4m14s, w/ bag 6m58s
3. Shoulder Press - 195, "Annie" - 7:31

Notes:  Long day of good WODs.  The first one was a bit of a grinder but solid.  WOD #2 was great!  I crushed my times from a few days ago.  Part of it was an improvement of technique, especially with the bag, but I think the rest was due to good competition.  I ran the stairs with Nate, my Death Race partner in arms.  WOD #3 was at Crossfit Metropolis.  The shoulder press was a great PR and the 205 attempts were painfully close...next time.  "Annie" was not a PR, but previous times I've done this WOD were with anchored situps that make a huge difference.

Other News:
Bigger Breakfast, Bigger Daily Calorie Count

No comments:

Post a Comment