I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 137

Workout:
1.
With a 7 min clock
6 rnds of "Cindy" (5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Squats)
then as many 275# Deadlifts as possible
2min rest
With a 7 min clock
6 rnds of "Cindy"
then as many Double Unders as possible

3 hrs rest

2. 6 rnds of 3 min AMRAP with 1 min rest between
3 x 155# Power Clean
6 x Push Ups
9 x Ring Dips (rnds 1,3,5) or Squats (rnds 2,4,6)

Results:
1.  24 DL, 27 DU
2.
Rnds 1,3,5:
- 3 + 1 PC
- 2 + 3 PC
- 1 + 3 RD

Rnds 2,4,6:
- 4
- 3 + 6 PU
- 3 + 3 PC

Notes:
Two great workouts today!  I was really pleased with the first one.  The second round of Cindy wiped me out and I lost a chunk of time trying to find a place to do DUs afterwards, so I didn't get the 50 I was aiming for, but still I was pleased.  WOD 2 was shoulder heavy...my lacrosse ball will come in handy tonight.

Other News:

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop laughing at this video. I'm sure you're dying to do shirtless muscle-ups outside today since it should be a warm 29 degrees at your box in the city. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete