I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 46, 47

Workout:

Testing Day!

1.  "Fran"
21-15-9
95lbs Thruster
Pull Ups

30 min rest

2. 5k run

30 min rest

3.  "Cindy"
20min AMRAP
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats

Results:
1. 4min45sec
2. 29min15sec
3. 15 rnds + 10 Push Ups

Notes:
Since today is the first of the month it's time to test myself and see how I've progressed.  I knocked my old "Fran" PR of 5:26 out of the park.  Unfortunately, it nearly killed me and when I went out to run in the 45 degree air my lungs seized up leading to a very disappointing 5k.  "Cindy" wasn't bad.  The last time I did this workout was in August and I managed 12 rounds and change, so this isn't bad.  Looking forward to doing a nice Tabata run tomorrow.  Six days to the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment