I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 68

Workout:
1.  7 rnds for time:
5 Handstand Pushups
10 185# Deadlifts
10 Chest to Bar Pullups
20 Double Unders

3 hr rest

2.  3 x 1k row w/ 2 min rest

Results:
1. 27m7s
2. 3:27 / 3:37 / 3:35

Notes:
The first workout was really slow.  It was partially due to the fact that I had to walk to another room for DUs, but the CTB pullups really slowed me down as well.  Looking forward to a bit of a rest day tomorrow so that Wednesday I'll have my usually intensity back.

Other News:
More Tough Mudder pics!
Post Mudder

Running up the "Cliffhanger"

The team doing a lap around the racetrack with some tires

Wait in line for more mud

Bored in line?  Do Burpees.

Nick had a non-muddy spot.  I fixed that.

The mystery obstacle turned out to be a field full of hanging electrified wires...awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment