I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 76

Workout:
1.  3 rnds
20 wallballs (15lbs/15ft) / 20 Pushups / 400m run

2. 10 x 200m sprint w/ 50 sec rest then 100 situps(unanchored)

3 hr rest

3. Modified Filthy Fifty:
For time
-50 box jumps (24")
-50 pullups
-50 dumbell swings (55lbs)
-50 walking lunges
-50 knees-to-elbows
-50 Push Press (95lbs)
-50 GHD extensions
-50 wallballs (15lbs/10ft)
-50 burpees
-50 Double Unders

Results:
1.N/A
2.N/A
3. 44m54s

Notes:
That filthy fifty absolutely destroyed me.  After the deadlifts my lower back was toast, especially after the GHD extensions.  The Sealfit prescription called for two rounds but I halved it due to time constraints (I'm starting to get the feeling that most special forces candidates don't go to class and study for 9 hours a day).  I'm very much looking forward to trying the filthy fifty again sometime, when I'm not fried and the weights aren't scaled up.  As much as the workout killed me, I managed to get 50 double unders unbroken at the end...I like those.

Other News:
Are you taking Vit. D supplements because your doc told you too, then read this...you are most likely not Vit. D deficient...supplementation is rarely if ever the answer to vitamin deficiencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment