I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 75

Workout:
1.  For time: 50 x Curtis P complexes (Clean, L lunge, R lung, Push Press) w/ 105 lbs

2. 100 Pushups / 200m walking lunges

3 hr rest

3.  Max Deadlift

4. 15 Deadlifts @ 365 / 100 4-count mountain climbers / Carry a 100lbs bag of rocks 800m

Results:
1. 21m54s
2. N/A
3. 435
4. N/A

Notes:
This was the first day of my week of Sealfit.  It's really different than what I'm used to.  The volume is much higher, but the intensity is lower.  Doing work without a timer is a little difficult to get used to.  Anyway, it was suppose to be 100 Curtis Ps, but I halved it due to time constraints.  The deadlift was a PR (hooray!) and an unexpected one at that.  Looking forward to day 2.

Other News:
Playing Lumberjack

"Let's cut down this one"
"Thump, thump, thump"
"Just push on it, see what happens"
"Timber!"




No comments:

Post a Comment