I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 67

Workout:
"Collin"
6 rnds for time:
400m run carrying a 50lbs bag of rocks
12 Push Press 115lbs
12 Box Jumps 24"
12 Sumo Dead Lifts 115lbs

Results:
32m31s

Notes:
The sumos killed me (probably because it was a higher the rx'd weight), but it was running that wore down the time.  Felt good though, for the most part.  I'm starting to string box jumps together really nicely, which is a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment