I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 23

Workout:
7 x 1 Front Squat
Mobility WOD

Results:
225, 265, 275, 285, 295, 305, 315(f), 315

Notes:
I couldn't end my workout on a failure, so I had to give it another go.  Felt great to get it.  I do all my squats with full range of motion with butt to calves technique.

Paleo Score:
I'm adding a new section to the daily entry.  The NYC marathon is in 30 days and I'm hoping to shed just a couple pounds before then.  I currently maintain a paleo diet, but cheat a bit more than I should so I'm hoping to tighten that up a bit.  Every day I'm going to give myself a score for how I've done paleo wise.  I get one point for every 100 calories of unpaleo food I eat per day.  The goal is to have less than 10 points per week.  Today I weighed in at 215 (not bad for being 6'4") so we'll see where I am on Nov 7th.  Today's score = 0 (of course, it's day 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment