I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 25

Workout:
60 min Time Trail Run

Results:
8.25 mi

Notes:
7:27 avg pace isn't bad.  A few weeks ago I had a 65 min TT where my pace was above 7:40 so I guess I'm improving.  Must be the last three days of strict paleo.

Other News:
I attended Shane Hobel's Mt Scout Survival class today with a couple of other AECOM students.  Shane is a spitting image of Bear Grylls but without the thick accent and he doesn't drink his own urine.  I learned a bunch of useful skills like how to make rope out of grass, start fires, build shelters and hunt rabbits.  I hope none of this stuff actually comes up in the Death Race (or even worse, in the NYC marathon), but it's nice to know.

Paleo Score:
0 (on a roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment