I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 38

Workout:
1. Yoga Class

2. 7 rnds
10 x 1 pood KB swings
10 x Pull Ups

3. 20s on : 10s off C2 rower for 3k

Results:
1. Relaxing
2. 8m13s
3. 27 rnds

Notes:
Yoga was a nice way to start the day and stretch out after yesterday's run.  However, my workouts lacked intensity today.  I guess this is why CFE doesn't program in a lot of long runs.  I used one of those calorie calculators to see how much I was burning on yesterday's run and as it turns out I burned ~2146 kcals or the equivalent of 7 slices of apple pie.  I'm scheduled to have only one crossfit workout tomorrow, so I think I'll do it a bit later in the day and hopefully the 24+hrs of recovery will be enough to regain my usual level of intensity.

Other News:
There was a great little article in the NYTimes today on how the most expensive running shoes aren't necessarily the best.  Read the full thing here.
Also, the pictures from the Amica Half Marathon were finally posted.  Looks like I need to focus on my Pose Running technique a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment