I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 37

Workout:
Run 13.1 mi

Results:
1h57m

Notes:
I tried to run this as though it was the first half of the marathon and keep to a 9 min/mi pace, which I managed to do surprisingly well without mile markers.  To be honest, if when I got back someone would have told me to go back out and run my 13.1 mile loop again I wouldn't have been to happy about it, but I think I could have done it without much of a problem.  The pace did feel a little slow though, and I want to give myself a little bit more of a buffer to achieve my goal of a sub 4 hour marathon, so I think come race day I might stick to a 8:45 pace instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment