I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 44

Workout:
1. 20 min AMRAP
10 Wallballs (15lbs)
10 unanchored situps
10 GHD back extensions

3 hr rest

2. 2 x 12m running intervals then 1x4m interval w/ 2:30 rest in between.

Results:
1.13 rnds, and 2 situps
2. .75mi/.74mi/1000m

Notes:
The first workout was probably the easiest crossfit workout I've ever done.  I think it was because the wallballs were light and the situps weren't GHD as prescribed, darn globo gym!  Anyway, I did the whole thing unbroken without any more of a rest than was necessary to move from one station to the next, and I really wasn't that gassed at the end.  Workout two was more or less as expected.  .75mi is my usual 12 min distance, although I didn't quite make it all the way back on round two.  I made up for it during the 4min run though as I think I set a new 800m PR at 3:08.  It would be nice to get under 3min one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment