I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 42

Workout:
1.  20 min AMRAP
10 Squat Snatch w/ 95lbs
10 Ring Dips
20 Knees to Elbows

3 hr rest

2.  3 rnds
3 min of max distance rowing w/ 3 min rest

Results:
1. 5 rnds
2.  unknown, 880m, 900m

Notes:
The first workout was mediocre.  Not great, but not terrible.  Workout two was interesting.  I pushed the wrong button after the first round don't know the distance, but I went out fast and hit the wall in the 3rd minute.  Second round I gamed it a bit and managed an 880, however I decided that for round three I'd just go all out.  I hit the wall hard around the end of minute 2, but it turns out I got another 20m in, so I guess I learned a good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment