I've always wanted to finish an ironman and this year I've finally had the opportunity to train for one. Unfortunately going to an official ironman races is a huge pain in the ass. The timing doesn't work out (I need to do this before restarting clinic rotations in my residency, i.e. July 2016), they would take tons of time in travel (I've got a 14 month old at home) and they are expensive ($1300 registration fee!). So I've decided to set up my own race, the SOLOMAN.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 26

Workout:
"Tabata This!"
Tabata Row
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Squat
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Pull-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Push-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Sit-up
The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

Results:
Row : 9
Squat : 15
Pullup : 5
Pushup : 7
Situp : 11

Notes:
Wow, that was a lot of tabata!  I think I could have done a lot better, but I had a tendency to overestimated how much a could do.  The row went well.  Squats were just sad as I performed 17 up until the very last round when my legs just gave out and refused to move.  Pullups and Pushups were just ridiculous.  I started with 10 pullups and 12 pushups but slowly lost ground throughout the entire tabata.  Situps were consistent as I think their limiting factor was simply the time it takes to perform a  rep.  I do situps unanchored so they only go so fast.

Paleo Score:
3...I know, I've seen better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment